Preparing for the IELTS in a short period of time may seem daunting, but with a focused and strategic approach, you can make significant progress in just 30 days.
In this blog post, we’ll outline a comprehensive study plan to help you maximize your preparation time and perform at your best on test day without going completely overboard.
Additionally, we’ll introduce you to our innovative online IELTS prep course that will support your study efforts, and for a limited time, you can save 25% off the regular course price using the coupon code CONQUER-IELTS.
- Enroll in the course using the coupon code provided. The course includes detailed lessons, engaging video lectures, practice exercises, and three LIVE practice speaking sessions.
- Allocate time each day for focused study, practice, and review. Set aside at least 1-2 hours daily for IELTS preparation, with more time on weekends if possible. Dedicate 1 hour of your daily study time to our online IELTS prep course.
- Familiarize yourself with the IELTS exam format, which includes four sections: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. Learn about the question types, the time allotted for each section, and the scoring criteria.
- Try to finish parts 1 and 2 where you will be introduced to the IELTS Speaking module and how to accelerate at it.
- Your goal this week is to complete parts 3 through 6 which focus entirely upon the writing portion of the IELTS.
- Familiarize yourself with both IELTS writing tasks (Task 1: Describing Graphs and Charts, Task 2: Writing an Essay) and learn to organize and structure your responses effectively. Focus on grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary to enhance your writing. Use our online course to access valuable writing tips and exercises.
- Build confidence in speaking by engaging in conversations, practicing IELTS-style speaking tasks, and recording yourself. Focus on pronunciation, fluency, and coherence. Participate in the three LIVE practice speaking sessions included in our online course.
- This week your goal is to finish parts 7 and 8 which cover all that you need to know about the IELTS listening tasks. If you haven’t already, make sure to speak with your instructor and book at least one practice speaking session.
- Develop active listening skills by engaging with different English-language audio materials, such as podcasts, news broadcasts, and TED Talks. Practice taking notes while listening and answering IELTS-style questions. Utilize the listening exercises in our online course for additional practice.
- If possible, see if you can take an IELTS Trial Tests which realistically simulates IELTS test conditions to improve your time management skills and familiarize yourself with the test day experience. Use the practice tests provided in our online course for added practice.
- Develop techniques to help you tackle different question types and manage your time effectively. Apply these strategies during the lessons and practice exercises in our online course.
- By the time you wrap up week 4, you should complete part 9 and 10 which cover the IELTS reading tasks in-depth.
- Improve your reading speed and comprehension by practicing with various text types. Learn to identify main ideas, supporting details, and inference questions, and practice skimming and scanning techniques. Reinforce these skills through the reading lessons in our online course.
- It is at this point that you can begin to tailor your attention, focusing on only the areas you feel you need to work on. Use your instructor feedback to boost your confidence and fine-tune your skills. Revisit lessons and exercises from our online course to ensure you’ve mastered the content.
- Make time for relaxation and stress-relief activities to ensure you’re well-rested and ready for test day.
- Above all, remember that the IELTS does not expect test takers to be experts on the subject matter of the questions; they simply expect you to answer completely and coherently in English.
As you reach the end of your 30-day IELTS preparation journey, it’s time to take the final and crucial step—booking your official IELTS test or the IELTS Trial Test. After diligently following the comprehensive study plan and benefiting from our online IELTS prep course, you have made significant progress and are now well-equipped to face the challenges of the exam.
Scheduling the official IELTS test or the IELTS Trial Test will provide you with a definitive goal to work towards, helping you maintain focus and motivation during your final days of preparation. Having a set test date will also give you a clear understanding of the time remaining, allowing you to prioritize your revision and practice efforts effectively.
In conclusion, the combination of a focused study plan, our comprehensive online IELTS prep course, and the commitment to scheduling your official IELTS test or IELTS Trial Test sets you on the path to success. Don’t miss out on the limited-time 25% discount for our online course—register today and take the final step in your journey towards IELTS success!