Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancellation and Refund Policy – IELTS Tests
You can cancel your IELTS test registration at any time before taking your test by notifying your Test Centre in writing. Refund terms depend upon when you cancel and whether exceptional circumstances apply.
1. Time to Test Date
More than 14 days prior to the day of the test:
If you cancel your IELTS test registration more than 14 days prior to the day of the test, you will receive a 75% refund of the total test fee.
Within 14 days, but more than five days prior to the day of the test:
If you cancel your IELTS test registration within 14 days, but more than five days prior to the day of the test, you will receive a 50% refund of the total test fee. Cancellations made after this time are not eligible for a refund.
Five days or less prior to the day of the test:
If you cancel your IELTS test registration five days or less prior to the day of the test, you will not receive any refund
2. Transfers & Changes:
Transfers & Changes (test date, venue, format, or module):
More than 7 days prior to the day of the test:
You may change your test date, venue, format, or module at any time more than 7 days prior to the day of the test.
- You can only transfer the same booking once.
- Your test centre may charge an administration fee of up to 25% of the total test fee.
Please Note: All transfer requests must be made in writing via email and are subject to availability. Transfers are only possible within the same test centre.
Less than 7 days prior to the day of the test:
Transfer & Changes less than 7 days prior to the day of the test are not possible. Instead, you may apply for a cancellation of your test and 50% refund, provided the request is received more than 5 days prior to the test date.
3. Test taker exceptions
You may make a case for exceptional circumstances to your test centre before the test and up to five days after the test date if you did not attend the test. Please download and complete the ‘Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form’ and send with supporting documentation to your Test Centre, along with your IELTS Reference Number in the body of the email. Your test centre will assess your case for exceptional circumstances.
All cases for exceptional circumstances and supporting evidence must be received by your test centre no later than five days after the scheduled test date. If your test centre approves your case, you will receive a full refund less an administration fee of no more than 25% of the test fee.
If your test centre does not approve your case, then the terms given in Section 1 will apply.
We define exceptional circumstances as:
- serious medical conditions which prevent you from attending or performing normally on test day; such conditions require supporting evidence of a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner
- evidence of bereavement, trauma or other forms of significant hardship
- military service.
4. Test centre exceptions
Under certain circumstances, we may have to cancel your test. These circumstances include, and are not limited to, adverse weather conditions, natural disaster, civil unrest and industrial action.
In these circumstances, your test centre will provide you with as much notice as possible and give you the choice of either:
- a full refund, or
- a transfer to a future test date convenient to you.
Cancellation and Refund Policy – Prep Courses
- All requests to be in writing or by email
- Change to a later session more than 14 days before course start: $70 Administration Fee
- Change to a later session less than 14 days before course start: Same as cancellation
- Any time before you have first logged into the account: 50% Refund
- After you log into the account or access the online material: No Refund
Time to process refund
- Within 30 days of written request for cancellation
All notices to be in writing
- All notices are only effective upon receipt by Coast Englis Testing
- Coast English Testing Inc reserves the right to cancel the Prep Courses before the course start date, and in that case, will issue full refund. Any cancellation will be communicated to you by email.
Cancellation and Refund Policy – IELTS Package
Cancellation and Refund Policy – Textbooks
Textbooks (both physical and digital) are non-refundable. By proceeding with your purchase, you acknowledge and accept this policy in full.